Food Processing Operative
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
Food processing operatives work with specialized equipment in food production. They use ingredients from a recipe to make large batches of a food brand’s products, and they also monitor industrial kitchen equipment.
- Monitor food processing machines and make adjustments to the controls for devices such as industrial slicers, mixers, graters, etc.
- Program equipment to operate according to company and specification standards and make changes to weights and thicknesses.
- React to any type of alarms or malfunctions of the equipment and operate the shut-off switch when necessary.
- Load ingredients into the mixing/slicing machines and measure the amount needed by following customer specifications and company standards.
- Comprehend written instructions and recipes from the company when putting together ingredients and starting a new batch of products.
- Remove the finished product from the machines and push batches to the next step of the process for production.
- Verify that each finished item meets the quality standards of the company by observing the visual appearance of the product.
- Clean and sanitize all machinery parts at the end of each shift and clean the workspace at the work station by following company hygiene standards
What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Ability to follow all appropriate safety standards in food production
- Knowledge of basic math and reading comprehension skills
- Experience working in food production or in an industrial kitchen
- Knowledge of quality assurance practices
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.