Food Process Controller (Days)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Heathrow, we have a team of around 200 colleagues. We produce gluten free products, topped pasta salads, composite salads - pasta, leaf, grains, pasta pots and snacking - duo pots for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda
What you'll be doing
To manage a line or area within High Care Production, ensuring optimum production performance, efficiency, quality and food and human safety. Ensuring standards and correct procedures are adhered to at all times. Ensure correct and complete data is capture and actioned in relation to production in your line or area.
- Work closely with the all Line Leaders and Team Leaders to ensure there are no conflicts between lines.
- Take an active role in customer visits, inclusive of preparation, and follow up actions.
- Ensures all traceability and date code information is accurately recorded, and takes first actions where issues arise.
- Use performance targets and capture data accurately on SIC sheets to understand performance and use this information to brief to staff and improve performance.
- Able to consistently meet and exceed KPI targets for responsible line or area. Accurately captures data and works with Team Leader to analyse this to continue to build successes, and create and carry through plans to rectify loss makers.
- Actively use material variance information to identify areas for improvement and to brief staff accordingly
- Demonstrate ability to motivate the line team to meet KPI's and to use appropriate techniques do deal with underperforming members of the team. To give positive feedback when things go well and considered feedback when improvements need to be made.
Take ownership of the training and development of team members including all training records and training plans
What we’re looking for
All of the roles involve working in a fast past, chilled environment in a company that puts people at the core. The site operates 24/7 and you will be required to work on a shift basis including the requirement to work nights and weekends. All applicants must be flexible and able to work weekends.
All the roles require a good understanding of both spoken & written English. You will also have strong attention to detail and good organization skills
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.