Food Machine Operator (morning)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Park Royal, we have a team of around 1,150 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps and platters for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons, Co-op, Spar, Wilko, Sutherlands, Iceland and Poundland.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda
What you'll be doing
Production Machine Operative
- Ensure safe and effective running of cutters (where present), packing machines (including any labelers), date/price printing equipment, depositors, butter machines, bread feeders, bread collators and any other machinery associated with the running of a production line;
- Work quickly and accurately with correct specifications for pack size and date coding;
- Regularly monitor any machinery in use ensure it is working within acceptable limits as well as carry out basic fault finding and repairs and reporting any maintenance issues in a proactive manner to avoid production downtime;
- Keeping the equipment in optimum clean conditions and be free from labels and other “cardboard engineering”;
- Adhere to the site HACCP and GMP systems;
- Follow the correct stock rotation and ingredient ‘use by’ practises for all materials used;
- Raise concerns about product quality to the Quality Controller and/or the Line Leader, in a timely fashion;
- Ensuring activities are carried out with due regard for any hazard affecting the safety of anyone who is, or could reasonably be expected to be, in, or affected by, their area;
- Support the line leader on material usage issues;
- Carry out elements of projects as delegated by Production Manager;
- Cover of other roles when necessary, including supervision of operatives;
What we’re looking for
All of the roles involve working in a fast past, chilled environment in a company that puts people at the core. The site operates 24/7 and you will be required to work on a shift basis including the requirement to work nights and weekends. All applicants must be flexible and able to work weekends.
As A Production Machine Operative :
All the roles require a good understanding of both spoken & written English. You will also have strong attention to detail and good organization skills
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.