Food Cooking Operative - Day Shift
Cooking Operative - Day Shift - 4 on 4 off - 07:00am - 19:00pm - £12.50 per hour
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium chilled ready to cook meals for major retailers such as Asda and Co-op.
What you'll be doing
As an Cooking Operative within our Low Risk Prep department, your key focus will be to ensure product is prepared and cooked within the factory, ensuring that due diligence and documentation are compliant with legal, business and customer requirements. Key responsibilities include:
- weighing out ingredients
- mixing and blending ingredients with water to make the pasta dough mix
- setting up equipment e.g. roller hoppers & water bath
- transfer of pasta dough mix to the roller hoppers
- cooking the lasagne sheets to then transfer into high care
- collecting and mixing ingredients to create our sauces
- ensure all materials are of the proper quality and in life
- maintain "right first time ethos" on the cooking of sauces and pasta
- ensure that effective communication takes place within the kettle area and high risk prep teams
What we’re looking for
For this role, we are looking for the following:
- Experience within a food manufacturing factory - cooking products / mixing products
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good communicator and ability to work in a team
- Experience working within a food manufacturer preferred
- Experience operating Manufacturing plant equipment / machinery
- Allergen awareness
- L2 Food Safety is preferred but not essential
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.