Finance Business Partner
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
What you'll be doing
We are looking to hire a Finance Business Partner to lead the site based finance team to deliver optimal operational performance, personally provide decision support to the site General Manager and ensure that the internal control environment is implemented in line with group policy.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that the site finance team is engaged, focused, developed and delivering to their full potential
- Take ownership of the site based internal control environment to ensure that identified risks (eg internal/external audit and BICQ) are addressed. Ensure the integrity of the balance sheet through monthly detailed reviews and maintaining a detailed knowledge of balance sheet items including risks and opportunities
- To be a key member of the SLT providing visible leadership and contributing to the running of the site (e.g. Health & Safety and sustainability) Provide decision support to the SLT (in-particular the General Manager) to ensure optimal decisions are made with factual information. Ensure input into costings is accurate and within agreed timescales
- Optimise site financial performance with a particular focus on operational conversion including direct labour, waste and fixed costs by providing support and challenge to the site and budget holders. Lead the process for a robust site budget/forecasting process including communication within the site leadership team and to BULT stakeholders.
- Owner and gatekeeper of the site capital process, including planning and prioritising future spend, maintaining an accurate view of capital cash spend phasing, monitoring and challenge of project timescales from inception to completion, quality control for all capital proposals being issued from the site and monitoring capital spend.
- Contribute to the wider BU operational finance team to ensure continuous improvement in controls, efficiency and ways of working
What we’re looking for
- (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) post qualification experience gained within Retail, Manufacturing or FMCG
- Experience of operational decision support
- Excellent interpersonal skills able to communicate to all levels of the business
- Ability to build, lead and develop a high performing team
- Proactive, organised and able to work flexibly in order to meet deadlines and have the drive to deliver results
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- 25 days holiday
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.