You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here in Consett, we have a team of around 280 colleagues. We produce a range of chilled ready meals for some of the UK's leading retailers, including Co-op, Sainsbury's and Weight Watchers.
What you'll be doing
To influence and support business decisions by bringing financial objectivity, challenge, and insight to proactively support the business.
- Partner the operations team to provide timely and accurate analysis of factory performance
- Carry out weekly and monthly reporting of site Profit and Loss account
- Assist in forecast and budgeting process
- Report on key performance indicators to help drive positive change
- Provide accurate and timely product costings to the wider business to support business growth and development
- Continuously review business practices to make recommendations for changes which will enhance cost efficiency.
- Support the Finance Business Partner in all areas of site finance control and governance.
- Build cross functional relationships with key stakeholders
What we’re looking for
- Currently working towards or wanting to start a Professional Accountancy Qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
- Prior experience within Manufacturing finance function a benefit but not essential
- Hardworking and driven
- Ability to challenge and influence key stakeholders
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Effective use of Microsoft Excel
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.