You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
What you'll be doing
As Factory Manager (Operations Controller), you will work across a number of different areas, consulting and advising relevant departments to ensure the effective and efficient use of all new capital investment projects, highlighting any bottleneck processes and taking mitigating action that will deliver labour/waste.
You will implement the end to end manufacturing plan in order to achieve the sites' productivity objectives, contributing to business planning that defines the manufacturing budget. You will monitor and take corrective action to ensure that labour and materials are being utilised in cost efficient processes which delivers product to manufacturing food safety and customer standards.
You'll deputise for the Head of Manufacturing and will support your team to ensure they strive to the highest of standards at all times, providing inspirational leadership and direction to the operational community to ensure that people are kept safe, engaged, focused and always delivering to their potential.
This role looks after a total workforce of 580 people across 3 factories on site.
This role is also known as Senior Manufacturing Manager, Operations Manager, Operations Controller
What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- You'll need to have previous experience of leading a manufacturing team within an FMCG environment, ideally food, and experience of working with customers.
- A sound knowledge of modern manufacturing methodologies and systems planning is essential alongside the capability to plan and implement initiatives in a complex organisation.
- You'll have a good standard of education either through full time further education or gained as a work based apprentice.
- We're looking for a great leader and someone who is able to get the best out of the outstanding talent we have at Greencore
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
Not only will you be working for one of the country's leading food manufacturers, you'll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.