Factory Cleaning Operative
2 shift patterns available:
- Days - 4 on 4 off - 7am-7pm - £10.75 an hour
- Nights - 4 on 4 off - 7pm-7am - £11.75 an hour
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium chilled ready to cook meals for major retailers such as Asda and Co-op.
What you'll be doing
As a Factory Cleaning Operative, you will be working within our Site Services department and will be responsible for the cleaning of our machinery and equipment in the factory that we use to create our food products. Duties of the role include:
- Being able to dissemble machinery to be cleaned
- Using certain chemicals on specific types of machinery or equipment to make sure hygiene standards have been met
- Rebuilding machinery once cleaned to be operational again.
- Following any further tasks set by the Duty manager within the Site services team.
What we’re looking for
This role will involve working in a fast paced, challenging environment and the work in the site services department will be enclosed, wet, hot and humid. The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have experience working in a hygiene based role previous within manufacturing.
- Have knowledge of HACCP
- Consider themselves physically fit as this role will consist of manual handling and lifting
- Have a mechanical mindset as the role involves striping down rebuilding machinery
- Be able to work part of a team
- Have a strong attention to detail
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.