You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
As a Facilities Engineer, you will undertake the upkeep and repair tasks to the interior and exterior of company premises including all incoming and outgoing services and associated plant.
- Working proactively and reactively to respond to issues/breakdowns
- Assisting with Daily/Weekly checks and maintenance on all plant room equipment including:
- Water Boilers
- Steam Boilers
- Electrical Switch Gear
- Fire Alarm and Sprinkler System
- Daily/Weekly checks and maintenance on all site equipment including:
- Emergency Lighting
- Ladder checks/register completion
- Fire Door maintenance
- General site daily checks
- Maximizing up time of services equipment to meet targets ensuring availability and reliability
- Carrying out workshop GMP responsibilities to retain a safe and audit ready environment
- Identifying and reporting the need for major repairs
- Liaising with contractors and other workers when required
- Completing a daily workshop audit
- Taking weekly meter readings and recordings
What we’re looking for
We're looking for a time served mechanical fitter or multi-skilled engineer
You should have an understanding and proven track record within facilities maintenance
Ideally you should possess experience of electrical distribution, compressors, boilers, effluent treatment
- Demonstrate good time management and organization skills
- Be proactive with a can do and will do attitude
- Be able to understand what the priorities are and act accordingly and autonomously
- Have experience with workplace hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Have good record keeping skills to update CMMS for management review and traceability
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement and SHE initiatives across the site
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.