Working Monday to Friday - 8am-5pm
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Leeds we make just over 40% of all UK frozen Yorkshire puddings; making us one of the UK’s largest suppliers of frozen Yorkshire puddings to Asda, Morrisons & Tesco to name a few!
What you'll be doing
he role involves moving both Raw Materials and Finished Goods to and from vehicles in a safe manner and highlighting where areas are not safe so the correct action can be taken. Most of the work is completed using Fork lift trucks but there may also be other work included such as wrapping, labelling and stacking of pallets as well as stock counts, keeping the Site Yard area clean and tidy, emptying Bins around Site, cleaning round and under Compactors, Grading/Sorting Chep Pallets. This may be completed in Areas that have low temperatures at around -20 degrees although suitable clothing will be provided.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible for the Health and Safety as well as the Hygiene of your Area. Other duties include Fork Truck inspections and pre start checks. You will need to hold a Counter Balance Truck licence to RTITB Level and in accordance with their training.
- Responsible for the day to day duties in the Yard.
- Health and Safety Compliance in accordance with the company policy.
- Completion of all safety checks including Fork lift Trucks and Yard/Compactor Checks and Start Ups.
- Complete all tasks in a safe manner and promoting a safe working environment within your team and across the site wide.
- Unloading of Vehicles ( to the correct specification and quality)
- Cleaning Site Yard area including under Compactors and around Skips/Compactors.
- Drive all Fork lifts within the guideline set and as per the RTITB training.
- Help Induct and Train any new Agency Employees and Train as and where necessary and sign off against SOP.
- Complete all loads OTIF.
- Communicate any shortfalls in advance by using the correct escalation procedure.
- Report any Incidents or Accidents using the correct escalation procedure
- Make sure Stock accuracy is maintained by following Intake and Delivery processes and Procedures in line with SOP’s.
What we’re looking for
- Reach Truck Licence
- Counter Balance Licence
- Health and Safety Qualification Level 2 or above
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- Manual Handling Experience
- Worked with Scanning Equipment
- Experience of Working in a Cold store Environment (Cold temperatures)
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.