Environmental Business Partner
We are a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK and our purpose is to make every day taste better.
We supply all the major supermarkets in the UK. We also supply convenience and travel retail outlets, discounters, coffee shops, foodservice and other retailers. We have strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, salads, sushi, chilled snacking, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
In FY21 we manufactured 645m sandwiches and other food to go products, 117m chilled prepared meals, and 256m bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. We carry out more than 10,500 direct to store deliveries each day. We have 21 world-class manufacturing units across 16 locations in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. We generated revenues of 1.3bn in FY21 and employ approximately 13,000 people.
For further information go to www.greencore.com or follow Greencore on social media.
What you'll be doing
Lead the Environmental improvement agenda in a division, strong input into group strategy, maintaining and improving group systems, working with stakeholders to implementing functional strategy and policy, to drive and embed a proactive Environmental Sustainability culture.
- Work with the Director of HSE to develop, environmental strategy for the group to ensure an effective and sustained environmental management system and culture
- Through stakeholders, lead effective and consistent implementation plans with the Business Teams leadership to deliver the environmental strategy, including but not limited to relevant Environmental policies and procedures, across Greencore, to enable compliance and continuous improvement
- Provide direction to Business Teams on the implementation of controls to mitigate risks arising from new/changing Environmental legislation
- Through internal stakeholder engagement, provide direction and champion programmes with the Business Team leadership teams that develop the Environment brand, culture and behaviours that underpin the overall Greencore Environmental Strategy
- Implement, develop and maintain performance management processes that provide Business/Business Team insight, governance, data and KPIs to drive improvements and effective risk management
- Provide direction and coaching to develop the environmental capability within the site and grow functional capability and expertise within the HSE team, to maximise performance and potential
- Establish strong and effective relationships between Business Leadership teams and external regulatory bodies, providing support and guidance as required
- Ensure that Environment matters are considered in all Capex projects in line with Group policy and insurance requirements
- Coordinate Group environmental audit process to maintain and monitor environmental management systems. Provide advice on recommended actions and guide to completion
What we’re looking for
- National/professional qualification (preferably to degree level) in Environmental Management
- Proven experience in leading environmental management at Group level ideally gained in a manufacturing environment
- Track record of implementing culture change
- Member of IEMA (PIEMA)
- Good communication skills and ability to be an effective member of the site leadership team
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Company car or cash allowance
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical cover
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share-save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
We are proud to be a part of STOP THE TRAFFIK's anti-trafficking work. If you are looking for work in the UK, its important to know your labour rights, how to avoid false job adverts, and what to do if youre facing exploitation at work. Find out more here:https://www.stopthetraffik.org/