Environmental Business Partner - 12 Month FTC - Part Time
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Greencore are a dynamic and forward thinking company committed to driving positive change in the food industry. We aim to develop and provide sustainable and innovative food solutions while minimising our environmental footprint.
What you'll be doing
We are seeking a passionate and driven Environmental Business Partner to join our team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract to cover maternity and help us achieve our ambitious Environmental goals! This role will be Part time - 22.5 hours.
As an Environmental Business Partner at Greencore you will play a pivotal role in integrating environmental sustainability into our business operations and driving our Environmental sustainability strategy forward.
- Work with the Director of HSE to develop, environmental strategy for the group to ensure an effective and sustained environmental management system and culture
- Through stakeholders, lead effective and consistent implementation plans with the Business Teams leadership to deliver the environmental strategy, including but not limited to relevant Environmental policies and procedures, across Greencore, to enable compliance and continuous improvement
- Provide direction to Business Teams on the implementation of controls to mitigate risks arising from new/changing Environmental legislation
- Through internal stakeholder engagement, provide direction and champion programmes with the Business Team leadership teams that develop the Environment brand, culture and behaviours that underpin the overall Greencore Environmental Strategy
- Implement, develop and maintain performance management processes that provide Business/Business Team insight, governance, data and KPIs to drive improvements and effective risk management
- Provide direction and coaching to develop the environmental capability within the site and grow functional capability and expertise within the HSE team, to maximise performance and potential
- Establish strong and effective relationships between Business Leadership teams and external regulatory bodies, providing support and guidance as required
What we’re looking for
- National/professional qualification (preferably to degree level) in Environmental Management
- Proven experience in leading environmental management at Group level ideally gained in a manufacturing environment
- Track record of implementing culture change
- Member of IEMA (PIEMA)
- Good communication skills and ability to be an effective member of the site leadership team
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.