You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our site in Selby. We are firmly planted in the community thanks to a number of investments in the site over the past few years.A site steeped in history, we are the UKs number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles.
What you'll be doing
Our Engineering Manager is a pivotal role as we continue to raise the bar and drive engineering excellence.
We expect supportive leadership over control, and you will use your coaching and mentoring experience to create innovative ways to support your team to thrive and work more productively and effectively.
This role will focus on continuous improvement without compromising quality in three key target areas; safety and compliance, preventative maintenance and influencing loss reduction through cross function teams and deploying a loss reduction strategy
To put it simply we are looking for an experienced leader with recognised qualifications, however, what is more, important to us is your leadership and people management skills and experience with similar complexity and size.
What we’re looking for
Were not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
On top of being passionate about your job and demonstrating your can-do attitude and fine problem solving skills, you'll ideally have the following:
- Positive and safety-focused outlook with a continuous improvement mindset (e.g. Lean, ManEx, TPM, Six Sigma)
- Food management and experience.
- Previous experience managing a large budget.
- Proven servant leadership skills with examples of developing and coaching a high performing team.
- Experience in leading change programmes demonstrating technical and management abilities.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.