We are a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK and our purpose is to make everyday taste better.
We supply all the major supermarkets in the UK. We also supply convenience and travel retail outlets, discounters, coffee shops, foodservice and other retailers. We have strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, salads, sushi, chilled snacking, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
The food industry is an exhilarating place to be a Maintenance Engineer! We use some of the most innovative, modern and technically automated equipment available to manufacture a wide range of food products for our customers.
We’re looking for our next generation of maintenance engineer apprentices to develop and grow a career with Greencore. You will provide engineering support to our many sites while developing your skills.
Join us and be part of our great team, committed to making everyday taste better.
What you'll be doing
The Greencore Engineering Apprenticeship Programme is designed to help you reach your potential and build a rewarding career in food.
You’ll complete the Level 3 Food and Drink Maintenance Engineer Apprenticeship in partnership with one of our trusted training providers, this 4-year apprenticeship programme will align your studies at college to real work to become an integral part of our engineering team. Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will be given the opportunity to further progress by completing a HNC qualification in Electrical and Electronic engineering to become a fully-qualified multi-skilled engineer.
Our Engineering Apprenticeships provide a blend of on and off the job learning, exposure, experience and education so that you can develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to kickstart your career.
You’ll attend frequent study block to support you to build the knowledge required to build you skills back at site. By the end of the apprenticeship, you will be able to:
- Ensure food safety in line with food safety legislation, health and safety, environmental, sustainability, and engineering regulations and standards.
- Maintain food and drink machinery and equipment to meet and optimise production levels
- Undertake planned, predicted, and reactive maintenance to ensure that the operation runs effectively
- Support operational teams with machinery change overs and set ups
- Contribute to technical performance reviews and continuous improvement activities, as well as audits.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for you to have a passion for engineering, food, and people. You will also be:
- Highly motivated to grow your career, studying alongside doing a demanding day job
- Curious, organised and able to use your excellent communication skills to build effective relationships with a range of people
- Confident, take pride in your work with integrity and good time-management skills
- Pragmatic, with excellent practical skills and problem-solving ability
- Driven, with strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
To join the apprenticeship, you will need:
- GCSE Grade 4 in Maths and in English (or equivalent)
- Strong IT skills
- Please note, if you have previous experience as an engineer or engineering qualifications at Level 3 or above, you may not qualify for the programme.
Our operation is 24/7 so you will need to be prepared to work varied shift patterns.
As part of the programme, you will attend college for frequent study block of up to three weeks at a time, and be willing to travel for attendance at development events or visits to other sites.
As part of the screening process for our apprenticeships programme we work in conjunction with our training providers to assess your suitability and eligibility for the programme. In this case, we will need to send some of your personal information to our third-party training providers.
What you’ll get in return
Not only will you a fully funded apprenticeship alongside experience in one of our sites, you will also have access to our Greencore colleague benefits including:
- Time to meet the learning requirements of your apprenticeship
- Dedicated support, coaching and mentoring to support your career development
- Travel and accommodation expenses when attending college
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Access to Greencore qualifications
- Company share save scheme
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
If this sounds like you, join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.