You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here in Consett, we have a team of around 280 colleagues. We produce a range of chilled ready meals for some of the UK's leading retailers, including Co-op, Sainsbury's and Weight Watchers.
What you'll be doing
As one of our highly skilled maintenance engineers you will be responsible for:
- Carry out fault finding, problem solving and planned and preventative maintenance on plant equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance
- Respond to internal customer needs to maximise production time according to given priorities
- Comply with food safety standards and controls to ensure all work is carried out correctly and safely
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to promote Health & Safety and/or operational efficiency and effectiveness
Shift pattern: 9 week rotating pattern including 12 hour day shifts and 10hr nightshifts
What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
You will be an apprentice trained engineer with a formal electrical engineering qualification.
You will also have:
- Experience working as a Maintenance Engineer within manufacturing
- A proactive approach, with a willingness to learn and develop
- Experience in electrical and mechanical fault finding
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications - including specific engineering qualifications such as PLC training
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.