You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium chilled ready to cook meals for major retailers such as Asda and Co-op.
What you'll be doing
Are you an electrical engineer who enjoys working night shifts? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced manufacturing environment?
We are currently recruiting for Engineers at our Wisbech site!
As one of our highly skilled maintenance engineers your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Carrying out day-to-day maintenance tasks, including line improvements
- Provision and implementation of solutions in line with the site engineering strategy to reduce downtime
- Use of root cause analysis to determine the underlying reasons behind problems and failures, seeking to identify areas for improvement in plant performance
- Involvement in engineering projects from inception to delivery as and when required
- Continually drive towards a PPM culture
- To assist operations team in setting of machines
- Compliance with all health and safety, Food safety, quality, and hygiene standards
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off days (6am - 6pm)
What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
It is essential you are an apprentice trained engineer with a formal engineering qualification such as C&G, SVQ3, NVQ Level 3 in Engineering, electrically bias
- 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations (Electrical) or HNC Engineering - alongside previous maintenance experience gained preferably within a manufacturing or FMCG environment (desirable)
- Experience of working as a Maintenance Engineer within industrial/manufacturing environments
- A proactive approach, with a willingness to learn and develop as there is considerable opportunity for development within our large engineering function
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.