Despatch Operative (night shift)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Our Distribution Centre in Worksop is a major picking depot, employing more than 200 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 60 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
We have an exciting opportunity for a Despatch Operative to join our team based at our Manton110 depot.
Working within our cold store warehouse, your role will involve breaking down stock from Euro pallets, organising stock into route order and helping drivers to load their vehicles for deliveries. You will be part of a warehouse team driven to deliver excellent customer service. Please note: heavy lifting is involved in this position.
This role would be ideal for Warehouse/Despatch Operatives looking to develop their career with a growing business – working with some of the UKs’ biggest brands.
- Stacking / unstacking trays of stock,
- Assisting in loading vans,
- Working in a fast-paced environment and able to meet time-sensitive deadlines,
- Sorting stock into route order,
- Ensuring all trays are stacked and kept in the designated place before the shift ends,
- Maintaining the depot's cleanliness and tidiness in work areas at all times,
- Ensuring all PPE issued is worn at all times.
- We offer a total rate of £11.65 per hour for a night shift, made up from base rates and incentives,
- You'll also be eligible for a sign-on bonus of £250 if you join us and stay for at least 6 weeks,
- Shift Pattern: Full-time patterns are 5 nights out of 7 (Sunday to Saturday),
- Working Hours: 22:00 - 06:30,
- Overtime premiums are payable after 42 hours (x1.25 of the base rate).
What we’re looking for
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment is an advantage, but not essential as full training will be provided,
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills with good attention to detail,
- Must have a positive attitude and be extremely reliable,
- Ability to work under pressure, and to deadlines,
- Punctual with excellent timekeeping and attendance.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Sign on bonus of £250 as a one time payment after 6 worked weeks
- 28 Holidays including bank holidays
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- On-site car park
- On-site subsidised food area
- Weekly pay
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.