Despatch Operative - Afternoon Starts (Worksop, Nottinghamshire)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Our Distribution Centre in Worksop is a major picking depot, employing more than 200 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 60 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
We have an exciting opportunity for a warehouse dispatch operative to join our team based at our Worksop depot:
Working within our cold store warehouse, your role will involve unloading and loading trailers. Moving palletised goods. Putting orders together for next-day delivery to our customers, you will be part of a warehouse team driven to deliver excellent customer service.
This role would be ideal for Warehouse Operatives looking to develop their career with a growing business – working with some of the UKs' biggest brands.
- Salary: £10.90 per hour ( base rate )
- PM shift Premium: +£0.50 per hour ( from 15:00 )
- Night shift Premium: +£1.00 per hour (from 22:00)
- Sunday Premium: +5.10 per hour
- Shift Pattern: 5 on 6 days on a rolling rota ( Saturday is always off)
- Working Hours: 14:00 - 22:30
- Overtime ( Time and a quarter of the base rate ) is payable after 42 hours worked in a week.
What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Unloading and loading vehicle trailers.
- Moving palletised goods around the warehouse.
- Working in a fast-paced environment and able to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Logging product shortages and reporting them to the Management Team at the depot at the end of each shift.
- Ensuring all trays and pallets are stacked and kept in the designated place before the shift ends.
- Maintaining the depot's cleanliness and tidiness in work areas at all times.
- Ensuring all PPE issued is worn at all times.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.