Despatch Coordinator - Days ( Warehouse team leader)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Warrington we are known as the Italian centre of excellence, recent expansion and investment make this site a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit! We produce high quality Italian ready meals for both Tesco & Co-Op
What you'll be doing
We are recruiting for a variety of permanent hourly paid roles in our Food Production facility in Woolston, Warrington.
Our shifts are on a 4 on/4 off shift patterns - days- 05:00-16:10
Working as a Despatch Coordinator you'll be required to:
- To ensure the correct picking of orders in the despatch department using daily pick sheets and R.D.T. guns.
- Assist in managing stock accuracy through daily warehouse activities, cycle counts, stock takes and reconciliation within the system 21 computer system.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles in a timely manner ensuring health and safety guidelines are adhered to, ensuring paperwork is correct, noting any discrepancies & complying with technical procedures.
- Temperature monitoring and recording of Stock being loaded onto trailers.
- Wrapping picked pallets for loading, using PPT equipment.
- To report any stock picking issues within the despatch department to the supervisor.
- Conduct stock rotation and the storage of stock into racking where necessary. Booking from packing area into despatch area using reach forklift truck.
- Ensure any damaged stock is reported and recorded using the correct procedure, and all requests for stock by other departments are directed to the supervisor.
- Any faults of machinery and equipment or damage of property are reported to the supervisor at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure that the supervisor is kept fully informed of key issues within the department on a daily basis.
- Contribute to and assist with the activities of other members of the team and cover when required.
- Assist the Zone Manager in ensuring that the department is kept in good order, clean and organised and to cover his role in absence and holidays.
What we’re looking for
- Proven Warehouse team leader
- Reach forklift truck
- Knowledge of picking procedures
- Good IT skills
- Attention to detail
- High level of accuracy
- Team player
- Comfortable working in a chilled environment
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills (assessed at interview)
- Good verbal communication skills
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Free parking
- Paid breaks
- On site canteen serving hot meals including on night shift
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee appreciation events
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn’t stop at being the world’s largest sandwich producer, we’re looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.