Delivery Van Driver - Morning Starts (Glasgow, Lanarkshire)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
A major picking depot, employing more than 70 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 40 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
We have an exciting opportunity for multi-drop delivery Van Drivers to join our team based at our Glasgow’s depot:
Due to ongoing business expansion at Greencore DTS, we are seeking enthusiastic and hard-working multi-drop delivery Van Drivers to join our Distribution Centre in Glasgow. This role will involve doing multi-drop deliveries of food products to our customer's locations.
This role would be ideal for experienced delivery Drivers looking to develop their career with a growing business – working with some of the UKs’ biggest brands.
- Shift Pattern: 5 days out of 6 (please be informed that due to the nature of
the industry, work might involve working weekends)
- Available Shift: between 03:00 am and 11:30 am
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £11.20
- Overtime: £14:00
- Night Premium: +£1.00 (10 pm - 6 am)
What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- The delivery of chilled short shelf-life, products to customer locations
- Daily inspection of delivery vehicle, before and after the route is complete
- Loading and unloading deliveries.
- Take responsibility for the overall care and maintenance of the delivery van.
- Keep accurate logs and complete all paperwork during your routes.
- Complying with all Health & Safety requirements on the road and at customers’ premises and taking responsibility for ensuring own fitness to drive at all times.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.