Delivery Van Driver - 3/4am Starts (Newtown, Powys)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
A distribution depot serving convenience retailers and forecourts in the region. The depot operates a fleet of 9 vehicles on 9 routes.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
What you'll be doing
From the simple sandwich to a range of chilled foods, our customers need fresh stock daily and you could be part of our nationwide team making some of those 3.5 million deliveries each year and keeping Britain fed.
You would be expected to work five, 8-hour days a week, which would include a Saturday.
On-the-job training is provided and you will be partnered up with another team member to start with. If you are keen to progress, Greencore can also offer development opportunities to further your career.
- Shift Times: 3/4am start time, with the route planned in at 8 hours long.
- Pay Rate: We offer a total rate of £10.25 per hour, made up from base rates and incentives.
- Overtime: Premiums are payable after 42 hours at time and a quarter.
- Shift Pattern: Full time, Permanent, any 5 out of 7 days. (Saturday work mandatory, no Sunday work).
- Workload: On average between 20/30 drops per day.
What we’re looking for
Being great with people is essential. In fact, this is the first thing we look for when we recruit a Greencore driver. Of course, you also need to have a full UK driving licence held for at least six months with a maximum of 3 points.
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Weekly pay
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.