Delivery Van Driver - 10:30am Starts (Eastleigh, Southampton)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
A distribution depot serving convenience retailers and forecourts in the region. The depot operates a fleet of 35 vehicles on 36 routes.
What you'll be doing
From the simple sandwich to a range of chilled foods, our customers need fresh stock daily and you could be part of our nationwide team making some of those 3.5 million deliveries each year and keeping Britain fed.
You would be expected to work five days per week, which would include mandatory Sundays. With this shift pattern there will be no Saturday work and working day off as well on rotation.
On-the-job training is provided and you will be partnered up with another team member to start with. If you are keen to progress, Greencore can also offer development opportunities to further your career.
- Shift Times: 10:30am, with the route planned in at 8 hours long.
- Pay Rate: We offer a total rate of £11.00 per hour
- Overtime: Premiums are payable after 42 hours at time and a quarter.
- Shift Pattern: Full time, Permanent, any 5 out of 7 days including Sundays. (No Saturday work) 6 days weeks are available if wanted
- Workload: On average between 20-30 drops per day
What we’re looking for
Being great with people is essential. In fact, this is the first thing we look for when we recruit a Greencore driver. Of course, you also need to have a full UK driving licence held for at least six months with a maximum of 6 points.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
What you’ll get in return
- Weekly Pay
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Free On-site car park
- On-site subsidised food area
- Promotion and progression opportunities
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.