DAY Machine Operative
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda
We are looking to recruit Machine Operative for our Selby site
Pay starts at: £11.12 - £11.55/phr, (Paid breaks), Overtime available at x1.25
Shifts: – 04:00 - 16:00 or 06:00 to 18.00 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, Friday, Saturday (Based on 6 week’s rotation), 36hrs per week
What you'll be doing
- Efficiently carry out any assigned operation or task, meeting all output targets
- Effectively contribute to improved line performance and efficiencies
- Maintain excellent Housekeeping, Health & Safety, Food Safety and Hygiene standards
- Resolve running problems/issues
- Carry out all testing procedures for products as and when required
- Ensure all stages of work are checked against quality standards
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Carry out packaging and product changeovers and complete compliance paperwork
- Complete tasks efficiently in order to reduce waste, downtime and giveaway, maximising overall equipment effectiveness
- Participate in training and mentoring of new staff
- Carry out rigorous quality checks to ensure high-quality standards are always met, reporting any quality issues to management
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve the production/process
- Communicate effectively with your area leaders
What we’re looking for
All of the roles involve working in a fast past environment in a company that puts people at the core.
- Comply with all relevant business and site policies such as Health and Safety and Food Safety standards
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and teamwork with the ability to work under pressure
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment producing quality and safe products
- Good attention to details
- Have strong and effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Be open to working in a production environment with varying temperatures
- Have a positive attitude and work ethic
- Previous Manufacturing experience is preferred but full training will be provided.
- We are looking for individuals who are keen to work and keen to learn
- If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Weekly pay
- Onsite Parking
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Job training and development opportunities to further your career
- No experience necessary, full training will be provided
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
We are proud to be a part of STOP THE TRAFFIK's anti-trafficking work. If you are looking for work in the UK, it’s important to know your labour rights, how to avoid false job adverts, and what to do if you’re facing exploitation at work. Find out more here: https://www.stopthetraffik.org/