Controls Shift Engineer
Do you have experience with HMI Programming and PLC programming? Do you have extensive experience of testing control systems? We are currently recruiting for a Controls Systems Engineer based at our site in Kiveton, Sheffield.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our site in Kiveton employs over 600 and is the largest quiche bakery, producing more than 42 million quiche each year along with a wide range of ready meals and soups.
What you'll be doing
As Controls Systems Engineer you will provide subject matter expertise to all manufacturing unit personnel for all control systems in operation, ensuring that the manufacturing infrastructure is maintained and developed in line with the business requirements
- Schedule and complete regular maintenance of manufacturing unit systems to ensure that they are up to date and operate to the appropriate code of practice
- Develop robust infrastructure control systems and build front line capability to ensure routine problem solving is actioned by the operator
- Design fit for purpose systems and training to build colleague fault finding and enhance the engineering team capability
- Maintain all IT solutions to the manufacturing infrastructure systems to ensure integration into the business systems network
- Maintain an archive of control systems information ensuring accuracy, validity, and availability for all members of the engineering team
- Collaborate and communicate with engineers and production colleagues when completing project work to enhance production efficiency, effectiveness, and operational understanding
- Liaise with suppliers on a regular basis to ensure best practice /best technology is achieved with reference to Group Engineering standard guidelines
- Developing and implementing the required technology to increase reliability and efficiency of machinery; identify obsolescence and future risks for process and product change
The shift pattern is 4 on, 4 off with alternating days and nights (7-7)
What we’re looking for
- Maintenance of Engineering System within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of a multi-skilled engineering environment
- Need for high level engineering skills to cover all systems (PLC, SCADA and three term controllers, pneumatics, hydraulics appropriate to local kit)
- HNC or equivalent, in engineering or appropriate levels of industrial experience
- Demonstrable ability of programming of Programme Logic Control
- Ability to conduct Engineering Training needs analysis; highly developed fault finding and problem-solving skills needed
- Experience of delivering training/knowledge transfer
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.