Business Improvement Engineer
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
What you'll be doing
As one of our Business Improvement Engineers you will be:
- Analysing machine performance (OEE) and conducting line studies to identify and resolve the major causes of downtime, speed loss and/or waste
- Participating in top loss meeting to identify line efficiency opportunities and using root cause analysis to identify appropriate counter measures.
- Running trials to understand optimum performance settings of machines
- Developing new Preventative Maintenance Routines to embed long term fixes
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to design machine modifications (or new machines) to drive improvements in performance
- Developing and writing business cases to secure Capital Investment for improvement initiatives
- Running studies to understand and simplify changeover activity
- Developing good practice and pro-actively share amongst the GME and GEE community
What we’re looking for
- Strong mechanical engineering background within a Food Manufacturing environment
- Robust root cause analysis skills with ability to identify permanent solutions
- Good communication skills with ability to engage people in the need for change
- Awareness of Lean improvement techniques with willingness to learn
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.