Business Improvement Coordinator
Are you a highly motivated and enthusiastic CI Professional looking for a new challenge or looking to get into your first role within the Food/FMCG Industry? Are you keen to implement processes and drive change through the Food Industry?
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914. We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Improvement Coordinator to join us at our site in Selby.
What you'll be doing
You will be part of our growing Business Improvement team and you will work to improve our processes across our factory and operation in Selby. We're passionate about being leaders in our field and our BI team are at the centre of ensuring our service is as efficient as possible.
- Implement and sustain the Greencore Manufacturing Excellence processes at site; engaging with the front line teams to create a culture of continuous improvement
- Deliver training and provide ongoing coaching and hands on support for the use of basic elements of the Greencore Manufacturing Excellence toolkit to build practical experience and ongoing capability
- Facilitate team based improvement and problem solving activity
- Coordinate the site operational focused SOP training, to be delivered by operations, and periodically check adherence
- Ensure consistent best practice sharing across the manufacturing unit
- Using an external network to ensure we're always best practice and supporting the projects to adopt these effectively
- Contributing to the new product development process to ensure new products are fit for cost effective manufacture
- Guidance and support to the manufacturing unit deployment of performance management rhythms and measures
- Deliver specific projects and tasks in fulfilment of the Manufacturing Unit Business Improvement (BI) plan
The BI team in Selby are transforming and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement in our factory and this is a great opportunity for someone who is excited by working on tangible change projects that can make a real difference to our operation.
What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
We're looking for someone who is analytical and able to work in a fast paced environment. Ideally you will enjoy thinking outside of the box to identify problems and find innovative solutions.
You will need to be a great team player - the BI team support each other and share knowledge and you'll need to be at your best in a collaborative environment.
- If you are familiar with supply chain procedures that would be a bonus, but you will need to have good communication skills as a minimum to interact with suppliers, external stakeholders and internal teams.
- Good literacy and numerical skills - attention to detail is key in this role
- Good problem solving skills
- An intermediate level of MS excel capability is not essential, but would be preferred
- Ability to learn new systems
- Keen and eager to drive change in a fast paced environment.
We're happy to consider graduates for this position with little or no experience. The team provide robust training initiatives to ensure new colleagues are brought up to speed and you will have a personal development plan to help you make the most of your time at Greencore.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.