Business Improvement Coordinator
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here inBostonwe employ around 400 colleagues and produce ready to eat salads, prepared vegetables and snacks for many of the major retailers such as Coop, Boots, Greggs, Costco, Spar and BOL.
What you'll be doing
We're looking for a Business Improvement or Continuous ImprovementCoordinator at our site in Bostonto:
- Understand site financial Operational Engineering Excellence (OEE)targets, aligned with the return on-investment targets defined in current and next year budget and the scale of the challenge the site faces to deliver them.
- Work with operations management and colleagues to help develop a pipeline of achievable OEE initiatives capable of delivering agreed OEE targets.
- Take ownership for delivery of an agreed sub-set of sites OEE initiatives within agreed timescales and financial targets, working closely with the operations team and leveraging OEE management support where necessary.
- Support site management in deploying the business improvement (BI) programme to full maturity, assisting with process confirmations to measure and drive adoption.
- Coach colleagues from operations and related functions in the use of the OEE toolkit to deliver business improvements.
- Assist the site in adopting the OEE key performance indicator (KPI) suite and performance management process (PMP) and promote their role in identifying future BI opportunities.
- Implement and sustain the Greencore Manufacturing Excellence processes at site; engaging with the front line teams to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Deliver training and provide ongoing coaching and hands on support for the use of basic elements of the Greencore Manufacturing Excellence toolkit to build practical experience and ongoing capability.
- Facilitate team-based improvement and problem-solving activity.
- Guidance and support to the manufacturing unit deployment of performance management rhythms and measures.
- Deliver specific projects and tasks in fulfilment of the Manufacturing Unit BIplan.
What we’re looking for
- Experience operating in a similar role, ideally in a lean manufacturing environment
- Experience leading others effectively through local improvement activity
- Able to influence operational colleagues to deliver change
- Skilled with analytical software plus competent user of Microsoft office suite
- Able to coach others in operational excellence/engineering improvement type programmes and deliver procedure or systems training
- Analytical and mathematical skills, ideally experienced working with data, drawing insight and reporting on return in
Were not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.