Accounts Payable Supervisor
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for an accounts payable supervisor to control transactional activities by monitoring accounting practices and supervising colleagues whilst personally managing and resolving queries, maintaining, and developing key performance indicator’s, driving process improvements and supporting the wider finance function
- Oversee the daily accounting activities and reporting required to accurately maintain relevant control accounts
- Develop and train colleagues in transactions to ensure business processes are known and adhered to consistently
- Supervise, direct, and review the work of clerks to ensure compliance to process and delivery of key performance indicators e.g. timeliness and accuracy is achieved
- Identify finance recording and processing capability building requirements across the business to improve accurate use of business processes and provide plans and support
- Review key transactional reports to ensure queries are resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Preparation and monitoring of weekly cash flows to communicate the cash requirements of the business
- Using transactional key performance indicator’s to identify and improve process deficiencies and communicate performance insight
What we’re looking for
- Experience in finance system management and financial internal controls
- Experience having supervised and developed a team
- Substantial numeracy skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Experience of working in a similar finance environment
- Intermediate Excel skills
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.