Zone Manager - Hygiene
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Bow, we have a team of around 800 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps, platters, sub rolls and salads for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Sainsbury’s, Co-op, Asda, Morrisons and BP Wild Bean Café.
What you'll be doing
As a Hygiene Zone Manager, you will drive all elements of the hygiene service within a manufacturing unit by setting standards and leading the hygiene teams to deliver our customers’ expectations.
- Responsible for implementation of strategy, quality, efficiency and hygiene innovation
- Provide leadership and direction to the hygiene community
- Establish a strong 360 hygiene vision incorporating the key elements of SHE, environmental and waste management, demonstrated through strong customer relations and effective management of 3rd party relationships and internal cross functional working
- Monitor, audit and review the performance of the manufacturing unit hygiene teams to identify areas of improvement and innovation
- Delivery of projects to designated time scales and meeting all cross functional food safety and financial targets
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for colleagues and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set in the SHE Policy
- Team Headcount: 50 – 100
4 on 4 off rotation 10:00 - 22:00 (Variable according to need )
What we’re looking for
- L4 Food Hygiene and L4 HACCP
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Allergen Awareness
- CIP desirable
- Microbiological Hygiene
- Financial understanding
- Pest Control
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the principles of chilled food manufacturing in High Risk/Low Risk/Low Care
- Proven track record in FMCG and Hygiene Management
- Experience leading and working with a diverse workforce
- Desirable experience of integrated hygiene and environmental management systems
- Open planning cleaning background
These do not all need to be in place at recruitment.These may be trained or developed.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.