You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Wisbech, we work with c.450 colleagues to produce Italian Prepared Meals for some of the UK's well-known retailers. We are experiencing a period of growth, and due to internal movement are looking to add to our Supply Chain team.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a Yard Person to join us working on a 4 on 4 off pattern. You will be looking after the yard, ensuring waste is segregated correctly then placed in the appropriate skips. You will oversee the changeover of waste skips, ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed clearly and correctly. You will be loading broken pallets and waste cardboard, as well as baling cardboard and ensuring clean, empty dolavs are placed safely in the correct locations. You will be expected to conduct daily cleans of the effluent plant screens, so attention to detail and high standards are key. A counterbalance license would be beneficial but training will be provided.
What we’re looking for
- Attention to detail - you will be responsible for ensuring the waste is segregated correctly and placed in the correct skips, as well as daily cleans of effluent plant screens.
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety - you will be driving counterbalance trucks, handling waste, and placing clean, empty dolavs back for refilling. You must ensure the dolavs are not placed across exits.
- English & Maths skills - you will be completing paperwork for skip exchanges, so must have clear, legible writing as well as the ability to communicate with external stakeholders.
- Resilience & can do attitude - you will be working outside in all weathers, ensuring that the yard is clean, tidy, and safe.
- Counterbalance license - already having a counterbalance license would highly advantageous, but training will be offered to the right applicant.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Staff shop with access to highly discounted Greencore products
- Free onsite parking
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.