Warehouse Team Leader - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
A distribution depot serving convenience retailers and forecourts in the region. The depot operates a fleet of 14 vehicles on 12 routes.
Nights of work are any 5 from 6, Sunday-Friday, 8pm-4am.
Hourly rate is currently £11.52 per hour with an additional 99p paid for hours worked between 10pm-6am - to be reviewed in April 2022.
What you'll be doing
The successful role holder will support the Depot Manager & Supervisor to achieve the required performance through effective direction and control of the Depot and team, ensuring that the required products can be delivered to our customers in a timely manner, consistently operating efficiently thus ensuring the quality and safety of food goods and compliance with legislative and group standards.
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring effective and accurate order picking within the agreed time scales to achieve the correct service levels for our customers’ requirements.
- Ensuring company policy is adhered to on all aspects of administration in particular to ensure BRC compliance.
- Ensure operations are maintained within forecasted budgets levels at all times.
- Site presented to audit standards at all times.
What we’re looking for
- An understanding of issues around Warehousing.
- Experience of leading a team and working within or managing a picking operation would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Self-motivated and flexible, use your own initiative, good communicator at all levels.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.