Are you passionate about Warehouse and logistics? Can you empower a team to deliver results? Then we have the perfect role for you. Greencore is currently recruiting a Nights Warehouse Supervisor to join our team.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at our Manton 110 depot, we have a team of around 200 colleagues who work together to distribute over 2 million items of food each week to our customers. Each day our vans deliver to smaller supermarkets, airports and forecourt outlets.
What you'll be doing
You will work with the Warehouse Manager to achieve the required depot performance through effective planning, organisation, direction and control of the depot team:
- Plan and direct shift resources and equipment, responding to identified risks and issues by appropriately redirecting resource to meet planned outputs
- Actively manage a safe environment at all times by ensuring all tasks are conducted in a safe manner, as defined in the H&S plan and ensuring all equipment and resources are in a safe operating condition
- Build positive working relationships and address localised operational risks and issues
- Provide leadership and direction to shift teams to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering their potential
- Ensure all mandatory/skills training is up to date in line with audit requirements
- Propose and implement continuous improvement so that duplication and non-value adding activity is removed
What we’re looking for
- Flexbility to undertake a continental shift pattern, working 7 days across 14 including every other Saturday and Sunday (6pm to 6am)
- Experience of motivating and inspiring teams with successful labour planning
- The role holder must be self-motivated and highly professional with a fair, consistent and diplomatic approach
- You will have the ability to work unsupervised, using own initiative and show determination to drive improvement
- You will have experience working in a fast paced distribution/ logistics environment supervising a team of 15 or more operatives
- Good IT knowledge with experience of using various systems and the ability to transfer skills to understand our systems
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and annual leave allowance
- Pension up to 8% matched contributions
- Company share save scheme
- Opportunities to progress internally through Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.