A vacancy has arisen at our Hatfield depot for a Warehouse Supervisor. This is a permanent full time position on a day shift, 5 out of 7, including Sunday working
- Work with the Warehouse Manager to achieve the required depot performance through effective planning, organisation, direction and control of the depot team.
- Plan and direct shift resources and equipment, responding to identified risks and issues by appropriately redirecting resource to meet planned outputs
- Actively manage a safe environment at all times by ensuring all tasks are conducted in a safe manner, as defined in the H&S plan and ensuring all equipment and resources are in a safe operating condition
- Build positive working relationships and address localised operational risks and issues
- Provide leadership and direction to shift teams to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering their potential
- Ensure all mandatory/skills training is up to date in line with audit requirements
- Propose and implement continuous improvement so that duplication and non-value adding activity is removed
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be able to be self-motivated and flexible, be able to use your own initiative and a good communicator at all levels. Experience of managing a team would be an advantage.
About the Company
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
Greencore has 15 world-class manufacturing sites in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. The Group has an annual turnover of ca.£1.5bn, employs approximately 11,300 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.