The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing warehouse operations which include receipt of components, material handling and shipment of finished goods.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate and schedule inbound and outbound shipments to maximize dock usage
- Train and develop subordinates to meet present and future departmental needs
- Recognize and solve problems by identifying the cause, determining solutions and implementing corrective actions
- Interfaces effectively with production, material control, carriers and suppliers
- Ensure department operational compliance to standard operating procedures, GMP's and safety guidelines
- Maintains and monitors component and finished goods inventories ensuring FIFO and utilizing the data management system
- Maintains warehouse areas in a clean and orderly state
- Schedules and organize the workload of material handlers to support production
- Supervises a 7 - 12 Material Handlers. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Be responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee also on occasion moves small machines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.