Warehouse Supervisor - PM Shift (FTC)
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c.11,500 colleagues across 16manufacturing sites we supply all the UKs food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 16 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 7,500deliveriesof our own chilled produce and that of third parties every day. Our delivery drivers supply petrol station forecourts, airportsand smaller convenience stores keeping the nation happy.
Tamworth is our newest depot, a brand new 160,000 sq ft site, which opened inMarch 2020. Be part of our exciting new venture in the Midlands where the team work together to pick, pack and process up to 3.5 million units of food per week at peak.
What you'll be doing
Due to new customer accounts, we are seeking1 x PM Warehouse Supervisorto supervise ourbusy warehouse pick operation (5 days from 7,2pm to 10pm).
Please note this is a 9 month FTC due to maternity leave.
Your key priority will be to ensureconsistent application of the department standards and processes in order to deliver the inbound, picking and despatch schedule safely, legally and meetingoperational KPIs and costs.
Your role will include:
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure that colleagues receive necessary training, are supported in their roles and are confident to ask for advice or guidance
- Investigating and communicatingissues affecting the safe and legal achievement of the budgeted operational plan and where required prevent unsafe behaviours or use of unsafe equipment
- Conducting operational inductions and training as required and ensure the records are signed off accurately for filing and entry to the onsite training matrix
- Actively participating in the risk assessment, accident investigation, operational inspections and behavioural monitoring processes to ensurea safe workplace
- Communicatingopportunities for improvements where trends and deficiencies are evident and affect the quality of service, safety, food hygiene or profit of the operation
What we’re looking for
You will need to:
- Have considerable people management/supervisory experience of leadingdiverse teams and contributing to operational business success
- Have experience within a pick and pack operation; familiarity with voice picking or single unit picking
- Have examples of direct involvement in HR practices e.g. managing absence, investigations and disciplinaries
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be Computer literate with the ability toutilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
- Understand key KPI's within a warehouse/logistics operation
- Able to work 5 days from 7
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days
- Pension up to 8% matched company contributions
- Access to our company share save scheme to reap the rewards of our FTSE 250 share price growth
- Greencore Qualifications providing opportunities to train and develop within
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform 'my core benefits' for retail, restaurant and lifestyle discounts
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career