Warehouse Nights Despatch Operative
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
What you'll be doing
We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Despatch Operative to join our team based at our Southampton depot.
Working within our cold store warehouse, your role will involve breaking down stock from Euro pallets, organising stock into route order and helping drivers to load their vehicles for deliveries. You will be part of a warehouse team driven to deliver excellent customer service. Please note: heavy lifting is involved in this position.
This role would be ideal for Warehouse Despatch Operatives looking to develop their career with a growing business – working with some of the UKs’ biggest brands.
- Shift Time: 21:00 - 05:30
- Shift Pattern: Rolling rota, 5 days out of 6
- Pay Rate: £9.60 per hour and extra £0.99 hourly night premium between 22:00 and 05:30, taking the total to £10.59 per hour.
- Overtime: 1.25x of the shift specific pay rate, payable after 42 hours
What we’re looking for
- Unloading and loading vehicle trailers.
- Moving palletised goods around the warehouse.
- Working in a fast-paced environment and able to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Logging product shortages and reporting them to the Management Team at the depot at the end of each shift.
- Ensuring all trays and pallets are stacked and kept in the designated place before the shift ends.
- Maintaining the depot's cleanliness and tidiness in work areas at all times.
- Ensuring all PPE issued is worn at all times
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- 28 Holidays including bank holidays
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- On-site car park
- On-site subsidised food area
- Weekly pay
We are proud to be a part of STOP THE TRAFFIK's anti-trafficking work. If you are looking for work in the UK, it’s important to know your labour rights, how to avoid false job adverts, and what to do if you’re facing exploitation at work. Find out more here: https://www.stopthetraffik.org/