Universal Packers are responsible for assisting Greencore facilities in the placing, packing and palletizing of components or products for the Operations Department.
What you’ll be doing:
- Inspecting product for quality and any signs of foreign material contamination.
- Rejecting product that does not meet qualifications.
- Supply lines as needed
- Palletize (Places boxes on pallets)
- Bailing as needed
- Feed lines as needed
- Tray packing
- You’ll be responsible for correct placement of product on line or in containers, boxes or pallets.
- Maintain consistent health and safety procedures.
- Maintain areas in a clean and sanitary area at all times.
- Successfully completes Greencore required training, re-training, and any additional training as required by Greencore policies and practices, or as assigned by his or her immediate supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
A high school diploma is not required. The ability to lift at least 25lbs. The ability to stand for long periods of time while performing hand and eye coordination. Must be at least 18 years of age.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject to standing for prolonged periods; frequently walks, grasps, lifts, holds, or feels objects; occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. The employee frequently is required to use manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination when working and handling products or machinery. The employee is subject to assist and support up to 25 pounds with varying amounts of assistance on a reoccurring basis. Employees are required to have corrected vision and hearing within normal range and the ability to operate equipment. As an employee you are regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. You could have work conditions that are extremely cold or extremely hot. You could be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.