You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Park Royal is a small but mighty distribution depot serving local convenience retailers and forecourts. The depot operates a fleet of 11 vans on 11 routes.
What you'll be doing
As Transport Supervisor you will plan and lead the transport team of drivers to ensure delivery of required products to customers/distribution centres in line with agreed timescales:
- Provide leadership and direction to the team of up to 12 drivers to ensure that they are appropriately trained and operate to Group policy standards
- Monitor operational practices to ensure that safety and compliance with the road traffic act are the critical priorities at all times
- Schedule and complete maintenance of the vehicle fleet to ensure compliance with the vehicle check and servicing practices, cleanliness, food safety requirements and leasing agreements
- Maintain close communication with Greencore sites and customers/depots to ensure that all parties are kept informed of any schedule or revised collection or delivery times
- Provide information and insight to inform the creation of the weekly route plans and associated drivers’ rosters
- Monitor and adapt route and/or resource plans in response to any changes so that the distribution service operates with maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Supervise the loading of vehicles to ensure that it is in the correct order in alignment with the vehicle route
- Consistently operate in a manner which ensures the quality and safety of chilled food goods and compliance with legislative and Group standards
- Taking responsibility for the whole depot in the absence of the Depot Manager with equal key holder responsibilities
What we’re looking for
You will need to be adaptable to the large scale and fast pace of food distribution alongside:
- Considerable people management experience of leading diverse teams and contributing to operational business success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Food safety and/or Health and Safety qualifications are desirable
- Computer literacy – able to utilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
- Experience of promoting cost efficiency
The shift pattern for this role is Sunday to Thursday, 6pm to 2am.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave allowance
- Pension up to 8% matched company contributions
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications providing opportunities to train and develop within
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform, cycle to work scheme and opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career