Transport Shift Manager - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveriesof our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Tamworthis amajor picking depot, employing more than 130 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 60 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
We are seeking a NightsTransport Shift Managerto plan and lead our night shift transport team to ensuredelivery ofrequired foodproducts to our customers in a timely manner.
Your role will include:
- Providingleadership and direction to a team of up to 40 drivers to ensure that they are appropriately trained, operate to Group policy standards and that shift performance is maximised
- Monitoring operational practices to ensure that safety and compliance with the road traffic act are the critical priorities at all times
- Scheduling and completingmaintenance of the vehicle fleet to ensure compliance with the vehicle check and servicing practices, cleanliness, food safety requirements and leasing agreements
- Maintainingclose communication with other Greencore sites and customers/depots to ensure that all parties are kept informed of any schedule or revised collection or delivery times
- Providing information and insight to inform the creation of the weekly route plans and associated drivers rotas
- Supervisingthe loading of vehicles to ensure that it is in the correct order in alignment with the vehicle route
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off (6pm - 6am)
What we’re looking for
You will need to be:
- Responsiveto thefast paced world of food distribution
- Have considerable people management/supervisory experience of leadingdiverse teams and contributing to operational business success
- Hold transport/logisticsexperience within a similar environment
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with the ability toutilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
- Experienced in promoting cost efficiency
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- Up to 8% matched company pension contributions
- 4x life assurance
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications offering fully funded further study
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform 'my core benefits', cycle to work scheme and opportunity to purchase 5 extra days annual leave!
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career