Transport Compliance Clerk
A vacancy has arisen at our Smethwick depot for a Transport Compliance Clerk. This is a permanent full time position on the afternoon shift, 2.00pm to 10.30pm.
To support the shift transport team so that they deliver the required products to customers and distribution centres in a timely manner, consistently operating efficiently thus ensuring the quality and safety of food goods and compliance with legislative and group standards.
- Provide support and administration to the team to ensure that they are appropriately informed, operate to Group policy standards and shift performance is maximised.
- Assist operational practice to ensure efficient and effective delivery services are completed and recorded.
- Maintain operational records whilst assisting both the transport supervisor and fleet administrator facilitating smooth operations and effective record keeping.
- Maintain close communication with Greencore sites and customers/depots to ensure that all parties are kept informed of any schedule or revised collection or delivery times.
- Provide information and insight to inform or act about changes to the daily route plans and associated driver’s roster.
- Assist with route and/or resource plans in response to any changes so that distribution service operates with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support the supervisor whilst he/she supervises the loading of vehicles to ensure that it is correctly dispatched and delivered
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous fleet compliance experience from a busy Transport Office.
- Numerate and literate
- Computer literacy – able to utilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
- Demonstrable experience of administrating a team who work remotely
- Previous experience of facilitating cost efficiency
- Demonstrable experience of delivering business improvement through attention to detail.