Technical Services Manager - 8 months FTC
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Services Manager to join our fast moving chilled food manufacturing site based in Spalding, Lincolnshire.
This role is a fixed term contract for 8 months to cover a period of maternity leave and offers a very competitive salary.
As Technical Services Manager you will manage the technical services function, quality systems, procedures and policies at the site ensuring finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, legislation and customer requirements.
The role is working Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
As Technical Services Manager you will ensure that the site policies and procedures are updated and managed to demonstrate alignment with Group best practice and legal/customer compliance.
You will lead the deployment and use of the quality management system, procedures and policies to document and govern the operational processes, developing the internal audit system to ensure that the site delivers in alignment with legal and customer requirements.
Other duties include liaising with the Raw Materials Manager and the Process Development Team to resolve raw materials issues and validate safety parameters to deliver legal compliance and to act as the customer’s liaison point for key technical reviews related to the quality management system.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree calibre – Relevant Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiological qualification
- Advanced Food Hygiene level 4 or equivalent
- Level 3 HACCP certified and Level 2 Health and Safety
- Sensor Training Level 2
- Microbiological Training Level 3
- Basic allergen awareness / practical knowledge of the management of allergens
- Demonstrates experience at technologist level of working with a retailer; Expertise in interpretation of customer code of practice; Competent in the use of customer technical databases.
- Demonstrates experience of maintaining an internal audit program
- Demonstrates experience of maintaining a Quality Management System
- Demonstrates experience of technical strategy implementation
- Demonstrates experience of delivery of BRC certification and / or equivalent certification standards
- Demonstrates experience of using Root Cause Analysis techniques for problem solving
- Ability to evaluate and interpret shelf life results
- Demonstrates expertise of applying food legislation to manufacturing products
About the Company
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
The Spalding site sits within the Food to Go division and produces side of plate salads like coleslaw and pasta salads for leading retailers. The site employs c500 people and has been an established part of the local community for 27 years.
Reasons for joining Greencore
- We create opportunities for our people to take responsibility early in their careers, to develop their skills and capabilities, to work in a wide variety of businesses and roles, and to make a difference.
- We invest heavily in our people, facilities and capability to ensure we retain a strong competitive edge in the markets we operate. Developing and training our people is critical to delivery of our strategy.
- Our people are passionate about our business and we enjoy what they do. We are also committed to make our business and a supportive and diverse place to work.
- Our capacity to innovate is key to our ongoing success. We ask our people to constantly look for new and better ways of running our business.
- We hold each other to high performance standards and challenge ourselves to improve our business every day.