Technical Manager - FTC 6 months
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for a Technical Manager to join our team here at Greencore.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we have a team of around 2,700 colleagues. We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, baguettes, rolls, sushi and the new range of salads for Marks & Spencer.
Our Northampton site has two restaurants with hot food available to all our colleagues.
This is a 6 month's contract - Ideally to start in January 2020
What you'll be doing
As Technical Manager you’ll be working closely with the Site Technical Controller. We are looking for someone that can step in for them and hold the fort when they are off site.
- Proactive in the delivery and control of all matters relating to food safety, quality, compliance & adherence to specification.
- Lead all customer, regulatory & accreditation audits/visits announced and unannounced.
- Management of complaint investigations and problem solving is your bread and butter.
- Liaising with key customer contacts and working in partnership to analyse, resolve and prevent food safety quality issues.
What we’re looking for
- Degree level in a food science/technology discipline
- Proven track record working in quality/technical management within high risk short shelf life categories.
- Excellent working knowledge of BRC, HACCP, TACCP & multiple retailer requirements.
- Forward thinker with a strong desire to do well.
- Someone able to implement change and motivate others, be supportive and know when to say ‘no’
- Someone capable of managing their own work load in addition to managing their teams.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.