Do you want to work for a business where building a team which can deliver world class leadership & performance are underpinned by an engaged workforce?
If so... then look no further.
We are recruiting for a Technical Controller to join our team.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Morrisons, Co-op, Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury’s, KFC, Nando’s, Pizza Hut and Costco. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
As Technical Controller you’ll lead multi-disciplinary teams ensuring that the manufacturing unit operate within the required Technical / Hygiene / Process standards by adhering to customer, Group and legal standards.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that across the functions employees are engaged, focused, developed and delivering their potential
- Contribute to the BU/MU Executive team to ensure that food safety and quality systems compliment the operational model
- Ensure technical governance across a multi-disciplinary team to deliver audit compliance with respects to internal, external, legal and customer requirements
- Provide a senior interface with customers on joint business planning activities to deliver exceptional standards of customer service and adherence to customer policies and requirements
- Create and deliver an integrated business plan to ensure that technical and hygiene processes are resourced and directed to deliver manufacturing, customer & legal business objectives
- Identify and promote technical business improvement practices in order to deliver legal compliance and competitive advantage whilst driving functional improvements
- Budget setting, monitoring and compliance ensure that budgetary controls are managed so that the business targets are met
- Devise and implement a Quality Management Systems ensuring that management information and statutory information is available for audit and BU/MU Executive decision making
- Ensure that the technical team has the appropriate capability to comply with food safety and quality compliance
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE Policy
What we’re looking for
- Degree calibre
- Food Hygiene level 4
- Level 4 HACCP certified
- Level 3 Allergen management
- Level 4 Micro biology
- Lead assessor qualification
- Awareness of Ethical and SEDEX management
- Demonstrable track record of creating and implementing an Internal audit plan
- Demonstrable track record of developing and implementing a Quality Management System
- Demonstrable track record of creating and implementing a Technical strategy for a Manufacturing Unit
- Demonstrable track record of leading projects
- Demonstrable track record of supplier negotiation and managing multiple external contracts eg service providers, labs, laundry, pest controls, chemical providers
- Demonstrable track record of liaising with government agencies eg TSO /EHO
- Demonstrable track record of applying advanced Food Legislation in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable track record of creating and implementing KPI improvement plans
- Demonstrable experience of building sustained customer relationships and working with specific customer requirements eg CIP/Thermal Process
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.