Technical Assistant - 6-12 months' FTC
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Bow, we have a team of around 800 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps, platters, sub rolls and salads for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Sainsbury’s, Co-op, Asda, Morrisons and BP Wild Bean Café.
What you'll be doing
As a Technical Assistant you will support the implementation of the Business Unit Food Safety and Quality Management systems by verifying that standards,customer requirements and legal obligations are being met in full.
- Investigate customer complaints to establish any failures within the manufacturing process
- Execute microbiological swab plans, complete hygiene audits
- and update training documentation
- Provide insight from audit results to site governance meetings to drive audit compliance, to share best practice and to encourage continuous improvement of quality systems
- Ensure that procedures, allergen matrices and HACCP are up to date to maintain the integrity of the Quality Management System documentation
- Complete internal audits on Food Safety processes as part of the Internal Audit Team
- Complete root cause analysis of any audit failures and feedback conclusions and recommendations to relevant managers
What we’re looking for
• Degree calibre capability in food science or equivalent/related discipline
• Experience of working in an entry-level technical management role in a chilled food environment
• Practical experience of working to Level 3 HACCP and Level 3 Food Hygiene standards
• Practical experience of internal technical auditing at entry-level technical management responsibility levels
• Practical experience of problem solving and risk assessment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
These may be trained or developed. These do not all need to be in place at recruitment.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.