You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals. Here at Bow, we have a team of over 700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps and subrolls for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
What you'll be doing
- To manage the day to day operation of the Low Care department which is a 7 day operation.
- To assist the Low Care Operations Manager to achieve all operational K.P.I’s, Waste and drive continuous improvement.
- To maintain the highest standards of product safety and quality, and demonstrating effective compliance with all legal requirements. Through a process of continuous improvement, the Company will always strive to better the products and services it provides.
- To comply with the sites management system that covers all aspects of the company operations that have an influence on the quality and safety of the products we provide to our customers. The system draws on the relevant aspects of the quality manual, to ensure the products supplied are safe and legal in accordance with current legislation including HACCP.
What we’re looking for
- A good standard of education; demonstrates good literacy and numerical skills, able to understand, communicate and report clearly in English
- Good problem solving skills
- To identify difficulties as and when they arise and communicate these to your manager.
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience of working within a chilled food environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Good IT Skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Email
- Working Pattern: 4on 4off, night shift
What you’ll get in return
• Competitive salary and job-related benefits
• Pension up to 8% matched
• Company share save scheme
• Greencore Qualifications
• Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.