Supply Chain Specialist
The Supply Chain Specialist performs a variety of supply chain generalist functions to ensure customer delivery compliance of their contracted finished goods products. This entails customer service, capacity planning, materials requirement planning, coordinating or purchasing materials (turnkey or consigned), managing inventory, and logistics.
What you’ll be doing:
- Scheduling production in accordance to customer forecast demands.
- Ordering materials needed for production of customer orders.
- Managing material inventory
- Setting up part numbers, bill of materials, assembly routing instructions, engineering standards, date code formats and aging requirements.
- Setting up and organizing outbound shipping of finished goods and residual materials.
- Be responsible for data maintenance, updating of system records and reports for Supply Chain and Production.
- Execute invoicing for items produced/shipped and extra services performed.
- Report all materials activity to customer as required.
- Communicate with customer contacts via telephone, fax, email and in person as required.
- Other as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
- Associates or undergraduate degree preferred.
- 5 + years in Planning and Materials Management generalist functions.
- Must have ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and e-mails as well as the ability to effectively interface with co-workers, suppliers, customers, and other employees in English.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Reasoning Ability- must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout detailed written and/or oral instructions.
- Progressive experience in food and/or packaging industry required.
This position involves sitting for extended periods of time, as well as standing and moving. Extended use of computer, typing and phone will also be required. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds safely, and have an understanding of safe working procedures.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.