Supply Chain Officer
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Heathrow, we have a team of around 200 colleagues. We produce gluten free products, topped pasta salads, composite salads - pasta, leaf, grains, pasta pots and snacking - duo pots for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsburys.
What you'll be doing
- Utilise available planning systems to convert sales forecasts into achievable production and material plans and schedules that optimally balance customer service and operational cost efficiency
- Manage risks within the plan and amend orders where possible /practical to achieve customer service and stock targets
- Share forecasts with suppliers and work with them to resolve issues with materials availability
- Measure, minimise and publish expected obsolete/over stocks (finished product and/or raw materials)
- Champion ongoing communication with the operations teams to ensure accurate exchange of information
- Propose and implement continuous improvements in own area
- Maintain a state of perpetual audit-readiness for all audits (GMP, Health and Safety, Technical, Customer, Accreditation Bodies etc) to ensure working practices are compliant at all times
- For Materials Planners Only - Translate production plans into material requirements and convert them into supplier purchase orders
- For Logistics Planners Only - Monitor distribution providers' 'real time' delivery performance, escalating potential OTIF failures as early as possible - both internally and to customers
Shift Pattern: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
What we’re looking for
- This is a really fast paced environment, so you'll need to have experience of working in such an environment.
- You will need to have experience of being a material planner and understand theplanning process, as well as working with a multiple range of SKUS.
- In addition, you need to be computer literate, with fantasticExcel skills andexperience of ERP systems. It's imperative that you have a good attention to detail and are an analytical thinker.
- You'll be working with a range of suppliers/customers, so you must understand the sales order processing and distribution plans and have excellent customer service skills.
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.