Stores Operative - Days
Do you want to be paid weekly for a permanent job?
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
Your key focus will be to ensure that product is picked to customer/depot requirements, and placed on pallets/cages awaiting distribution.
As a Stores Operative you will receive and unload all raw materials, packaging etc and check materials delivered against relevant paperwork and inform Buying of any discrepancies. You will weigh all product onto site and enter all relevant information onto the computer system. You will scan bar codes using scanner provided and move materials to the locations indicated. Other duties include rotate stock according to use by dates, using Fork Lift Truck (Gas and Electric Counterbalance), Hand – Pulled Pallet Truck and Reach Truck. You will also undertake regular stock takes either manually or using the scanning equipment and complete out of stock reports / goods destroyed notes / returns paperwork as required.
We have various shift patterns available - this will be discussed at interview.
What we’re looking for
- You will have good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure is key, as you need to ensure that deadlines and targets are achieved.
- As there is a lot of paperwork, the ability to pay attention to detail is a must.
- You must be able to use your own initiative and work flexibly within this fast paced business environment.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.