Specialist deep clean operative
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
What you'll be doing
You will be classified as a skilled operative and you will be working 12h a day on a 4 on 4 off shift one week and 3 on 4 off the next week. The working hours are 6am to 6pm.
- To deep clean equipment and fabrication in a high care manufacturing facility ensuring all areas are cleaned to specification and to maintain food safety
- To clean equipment in dedicated wash areas to deliver equipment as requested by the manufacturing teams
- To operate automated cleaning equipment to clean trays, bins and utensils
- Follow all compliance controls, risk assessments and Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) to ensure that my colleagues and myself work in a safe working environment.
- I ensure that I wear the correct PPE at all times
What we’re looking for
- The colleague needs to have a reasonable level of English as cleaning records will need to be completed and training will be provided.
- The colleague will be using a range of industrial cleaning chemicals and full training will be provided
- A keen eye for detail will be required and the colleague must have the ability to work not only by them selves but part of a larger team with minimal supervision and work off their own initiative
- Full PPE and training will be provided
- The colleague will be working in a chilled, fast paced environment and using a variety of wash down equipment.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Greencore Qualifications
- Monthly recognition awards
- Regular colleague thank you events, such as free lunches
- Discount programme available where you can receive discounts on retail, travel and more
- Current payments under review
- Refer a friend scheme - work with your family and friends
- Overtime regularly available, paid at time and a quarter
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.