Skilled Production Operator - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a service for our night colleagues.
What you'll be doing
We are currently looking for Skilled Production Operatives to work across the site, including in Packing & Mixing.
Prep: this involves batching ingredients, putting spice mixes together, as well as cooking raw materials such as pastas and grains. You will be dealing with all of our ingredients and getting them cooked & ready for mixing & filling.
Mixing: this can be a very physical job as some of our mixes require working by hand. You will be combining raw materials, so attention to detail and the ability to follow instruction is key. You need to ensure consistency across batches, note any non-conformances and ensure process is followed.
What we’re looking for
- Good level of English & Maths - you will be required to follow processes and recipes, as well as ensuring the correct quantities are used in each batch.
- Ideally experience in a chilled food manufacturing environment, but this isn't mandatory - other FMCG backgrounds will be considered
- Attention to detail
- Basic understanding of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Right first time approach
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Free parking
- On site canteen serving hot meals including on night shift
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee appreciation events
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.